Saturday, June 5, 2010

LUCKY me


A friend sent me this sms today:

Hey...U lost yr ic?
Who told u?
On the newspaperla...
Walao. Which newspaper?
Chinapress la...U can go there and take back...

Well guess what, I appeared on the Chinapress newspaper today and this time for the wrong reasons. A few days ago, I lost my wallet. I fetched my brother to school and brought along my driving licence. I wore pyjamas and it had no pockets. I placed my wallet in one of the compartments just in front of the front passenger seat. When I got off the car, I forgot to take my wallet down with me. Mom took over after that and she went to buy breakfast. Some idiotic thief managed to steal the wallet while the car was parked. I didn't realise this until late morning...I searched all morning for the misplaced wallet and found nothing.

The wallet contained a whole lot of money, my IC, a week old driving licence, ATM card, student card, and other identity cards. When I received the sms, I jumped for joy. I got my plastic cards back...not inclusive of money. Apparently someone found my wallet and passed it to Chinapress (中国报). The thief could have had some guilty conscience; he probably just wanted the money. Either that or some kind-hearted Samaritan picked it up. I consider myself a very lucky person today.

Lessons learned:

1.) NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR BELONGINGS IN A CAR WHILE YOUR ARE AWAY

2.) NEVER WEAR PYJAMAS WHEN DRIVING

3.) AVOID PUTTING ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS IN YOUR WALLET

4.) HIT YOURSELF IN THE HEAD FOR HAVING A SHORT TERM MEMORY

5.) THERE ARE STILL SOME GOOD MALAYSIANS OUT THERE

6.) MANY BAD ONES TOO...

7.) READ THE CHINESE NEWSPAPERS




No comments: